Monday, January 19, 2009

We're home!!!


When Ryan and I first started talking about buying a house we joked about just buying one over the phone or over the internet. When were we going to find the time to go looking together? Well, my mom and mother-in-law and I went looking one day and just stopped in a model home. A couple of hours later I called Ryan and told him about this one model that we loved and that seemed affordable for us. I never dreamed we would be able to build. From that point on, we never looked back.
We built our first home in Spanish Fork. We closed three days before Christmas and moved in the weekend after Christmas. If I didn't work in retail it wouldn't have been so bad. But I don't get too many days off in December. It was absolutely crazy. Thank you to all our family who helped. We COULD NOT have done it without you.

This is the family room and part of the living room.

This is the kitchen before the fridge was delivered.
This is the master bathroom.

And saving the best for last...


This is our fabulous closet. When they walked us through the models and all the closets were walk-in, I was sold.

6 comments:

Kristi said...

Looks great, how many bedrooms is it. Looks like it has an upstairs, I love 2 stories. I can't wait to see more pics.

Ashley said...

What's this? A post from Bethany? It must be my lucky day! You need to post pictures with all of your furniture. I'm happy for you guys!

Betsy said...

How fun to be in your new house! It looks nice and spacious. I'm looking forward to more pictures. Audrey is as adorable as ever!

thehaucks said...

Congratulations! It looks beautiful. I can't wait to see it someday. Have fun playing house!

Natasha said...

Hooray! This is so exciting! (Both to finally see an update and to see your new house!) Now that you are only 30 minutes away we'll have to do lunch! Have fun decorating!

Gardners Glad Tidings said...

It's perfect....I love it and the closet...Kent would be in 7th heaven. Love you guys.