First the good news...
Kennedy is rolling! It's a big step in our little one's life. The day she went front to back and back to front was the 7th of July. It was so fun because Ryan, Audrey, and I were all there and cheering for her. Audrey was so excited.
On Thursday the 8th we left on a road trip to Denver with Ryan's parents.
Kennedy and Audrey were both really good in the car. This picture is not great because I was laughing so hard at her.
We had to get a baseball game in there. It means both our girls have been to a Major League game by the time they're 4 months old.
Now the (sort of) bad news...
So we're in the parking lot on our way back to the hotel and Ryan is hit by a car. An older guy passed out in his car and hit Ryan on the back of his legs. Ryan tumbled backwards over the hood while carrying Audrey. Miraculously, no one was really hurt. Ryan had a scratch on his shoulder and he was pretty sore for a couple of days. Ryan's mom and I saw him coming so we were able to get out of the way. Another small miracle was that Ryan's dad had gone way around the corner with Kennedy in her stroller. After about an hour of statements and paperwork, we could leave. The rest of the night I spent with the girls in the hotel room.
Now, getting hit by a car on vacation is pretty weird. But for it to happen to the same person twice is absurd!!! About 5 years ago when Ryan and I went to San Francisco/Oakland with my family, Ryan and my mom were the victims of a hit-and-run. That one was also a miracle because from my point of view, I didn't think we'd be able to leave the scene in anything other than an ambulance. But Ryan walked away with a huge scrape on his arm and my mom had bruises pop up all over.
I'm now determined that even if it's to give me lots more beautiful daughters, Ryan has some higher purpose in life that is not yet fulfilled. Talk about an eye opener!
I am so grateful for all the miracles (large and small) in my life!
Now, getting hit by a car on vacation is pretty weird. But for it to happen to the same person twice is absurd!!! About 5 years ago when Ryan and I went to San Francisco/Oakland with my family, Ryan and my mom were the victims of a hit-and-run. That one was also a miracle because from my point of view, I didn't think we'd be able to leave the scene in anything other than an ambulance. But Ryan walked away with a huge scrape on his arm and my mom had bruises pop up all over.
I'm now determined that even if it's to give me lots more beautiful daughters, Ryan has some higher purpose in life that is not yet fulfilled. Talk about an eye opener!
I am so grateful for all the miracles (large and small) in my life!
3 comments:
Wow that is weird! While reading the post I kept thinking "didn't something like this happen a few years back...?!" maybe Ryan is some sort of super hero surviving all these accidents!?! Glad everyones ok :)
Yeah, when I was reading that, I thought, "You've got to be kidding me, this seems vaguely familiar!" I'm so glad everyone is okay and I'm glad you put pictures of Kennedy on your blog. I've missed her since our weekend bonding.
It was great to see you a few weeks ago! Your girls sure are cute.
Post a Comment