Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Summer Funnin'

Now that our summer is drawing to a close...
I can't believe it!  I guess it's time I shared what we've been up to for the last few months.

In May we visited the BYU museum when they featured the amazing work of Carl Bloch.  I don't think I could really describe what I felt there.  But I do know that I left with a new perspective on some of the events we hear so often in the Savior's life.  What would it have been like to pick up the nails that were covered in His precious blood?  The paintings put you right there.
Kennedy trying to fall off the wall at the museum
Audrey was really reverent inside


 
Kennedy developed an OBSESSION with books.  I have to say I am both thrilled and bugged.  I have always felt like the best gift I could give my kids would be a love of reading.  So I love that they are both so excited about going to the library (one of the first places I wanted to be able to drive to myself at 16).  I love that the minute we get home Audrey doesn't want to eat lunch or play or anything until we've read every single one of the books we checked out.  I love that they both run to my bed to read bedtime stories each night.  But the situation with Kennedy isn't always as exciting.  For one thing, the books she reads are usually less than 20 words so I have them memorized.  Also, she'll want to read it over and over again.  Then it doesn't matter if I just got out of the shower or I'm eating or cleaning--she scoots back into my lap and it's reading time.  Okay, I mostly love it!



Audrey had a dance recital in June.  It was her first big one on stage with makeup.  She was really excited.  Her costume is a cowgirl and this is her "guns" move.

For our 9 year anniversary Ryan and I went with the girls to the pool.  Romantic, right?


There's a really great splash park close to us that we don't visit enough.
 

Salina carnival for the 4th of July and Spanish Fork carnival for the 24th.
 
Lots of visits to lots of parks.

To sum up: we've not been anywhere or done anything exciting or out of the ordinary.  But there have been lots of smiles, laughing, playing, learning and growing and I can't imagine anything better.

3 comments:

Natasha said...

adorable family. and we are library addicts too.

thehaucks said...

Love the catch-up. Looks like a fun summer!

Ashley said...

Your summer sounds very similar to ours--nothing to exciting, but perfect summer activities. I love that Kennedy is so obsessed with books. What a cutie!

Love Audrey's swimming suit!