***Warning***
This post will be lame for everyone but me. Sorry, I'm just so proud.
We decided to grow a garden this year. We planted carrots, peas, beans and cucumber seeds. I told Ryan that if we ate just one thing out of it, I would consider it a success. Apparently, I underestimated Spanish Fork soil because we can barely keep up with the reaping!
Our favorite was probably peas because we could eat it fresh and ready right out of the pods.
The girls loved it so much! As soon as we walked outside Kennedy would say, "peas!!"
I was able to freeze a lot of the beans and we were still eating them up until last week even though they haven't been growing for a few weeks now.
I think we've had about 10 cucumbers so far. They're still growing.
The carrots are a bit odd looking because you're supposed thin them out and we just let them go. Oh well. Lesson learned.
We also planted maybe a few too many flowers. They exploded!
Next year we'll have a bigger garden with more things and we'll do something with the backyard. We had such a good time doing it all together as a family.
4 comments:
I am impressed with your vegetables and flowers!! WOW!
Not boring! I'm super excited and jealous! We planted a garden, and I said the same thing to Josh. However, I don't think the Nibley soil is quite as good. So far we've only enjoyed some peas. We're still waiting on corn, tomatoes, carrots, cucumbers (which I don't think will ever come) and pumpkins.
So not lame. Love this post. Gardening really is such a rewarding experience. Looks great!
How great! There's nothing better than fresh veggies from your garden.
Your girls are cute. Is it me or does Kennedy look more like you?
Post a Comment