Man became civilized for a reason. He decided that he liked to have warmth, and clothing and television. And hamburgers. And to walk upright. And to have a soft futon at the end of the day. He didn't want to have to struggle to survive. I don't need the woods. I have a nice, wood desk. I don't need fresh air. Because I have the freshest air around. A/C. --Michael Scott
Audrey really seems to like animals and Ryan and I were sure it had been close to 20 years since either one of us had been to the zoo, so I made him take a day off during the week to go. The beginning of the day was perfect. Audrey was actually okay with sitting still in her stroller (this is usually NOT the case) and the weather was perfect. Then I had the brilliant idea of taking Audrey on the Carousel. She hadn't been on one since she was four months old but I thought she'd love it. I couldn't tell the reason why, but she hated it. She cried the whole time. After that she wasn't in the mood to go in the stroller so we let her run wild in the small animal building. She chased this cat back and forth for awhile. She was a little wary of the train at first but wound up liking it by the time it started moving. Ryan and I were grateful for the small breeze at this point in the day. Our favorite part was the penguin pool. The penguins would line up on the edge of the ground, then take turns jumping in. Audrey would say "Ready, set, go" (this is one of her favorite phrases). Once they were in the water they even did some tricks for us. We thought it fitting for Audrey's souvenir to be this stuffed penguin.
Glad you had a good time at the zoo. It's silly how kids like certain things, and hate others. Hey- are you going to come to Ryan's softball game on Wednesday? You should and bring your cute little one too. It'd be fun to chat.
So fun! I've been talking about taking my kids to the zoo for two years now and still haven't done it. I haven't been in decades either. You've inspired me to really go now!
5 comments:
Glad you had a good time at the zoo. It's silly how kids like certain things, and hate others. Hey- are you going to come to Ryan's softball game on Wednesday? You should and bring your cute little one too. It'd be fun to chat.
How fun to spend a nice summer day as a family at the zoo!
How perfect! What a great day! Sorry about the carousel, Audrey. Carousel and Clowns are out.
How perfect! What a great day! Sorry about the carousel, Audrey. Carousel and Clowns are out.
So fun! I've been talking about taking my kids to the zoo for two years now and still haven't done it. I haven't been in decades either. You've inspired me to really go now!
Post a Comment