Audrey's birthday was on a Wednesday so we, of course, had to celebrate it a Saturday before and the actual day, and the Saturday after. By the time the third party rolled around she was telling people that she was turning five because she'd already had a party where she turned 4. I guess that makes sense.
She got a present from her Great Grandma Arda in the mail!
This is feet and feet of coloring, cutting, stickers, Tinkerbell fun!
Audrey and I love to watch the show CAKE BOSS on TLC. If you've never seen it, you should catch an episode sometime. It's incredible. Anyway, they make it look so easy that I've often thought, "I wonder if I could make cool cakes." This is a bold thought process considering the source. But my mom sees some potential in me (she's made this mistake before) and she bought me a cake decorating kit for Christmas.
This was my first try with fondant.
Good thing she had another party for me to try again. Actually, I liked the first one better. Keep in mind, these were just trial and errors. I think I need to take a class before I try again. It was pretty fun though.
Happy Birthday baby girl! The day Audrey was born I became a mom and for so many reasons it has turned into the best day of my life.
3 comments:
I love Cake Boss! I'm impressed with your cakes!
Your cakes are cute! How was it working with fondant? Is it easy? Robert's offers Wilton classes. I can't remember how long they are; 6-8 weeks I think. But you graduate at the end. I want to take them, but it's too pricey to have as a hobby for now. I would imagine any store that sells Wilton stuff offers Wilton classes. Hobby Lobby and Michael's anayway.
*anyway :)
Post a Comment