A few months ago, my brother-in-law decided to go to medical school in Lebanon, Oregon. As soon as the decision was made, Ryan's brain was hard at work planning a road trip for our family. He loves it and is really good at it!
First stop was Shoshone Falls in Twin Falls, Idaho. I had zero expectations going in and the falls were actually amazing. Definitely worth the detour.
On the drive out there the girls were both really good. There was a small bookstore in our backseat but it was worth it.
Ryan's trips are never complete without a sporting event. This time it was BYU at Oregon State.
| Ryan's brother Devin, SJ, and Megan |
I knew Kennedy was tired at the game when she wouldn't let me move her from my shoulder, but part- way through I could tell she was also running a fever. Audrey took this picture of her. After that, Kennedy was pretty sick. The fever lasted three days and it came with a nasty cold. I've never heard a little one snore like she was snoring. At church on Sunday we had to take her out, not because of her usual craziness, but because she was snoring so loudly. Poor girl!
Sunday afternoon we drove out to Newport Beach. It was terribly windy and really cold. But Audrey was really looking forward to it. She wanted to collect sea shells.
Audrey loved it!
Monday we drove to the Columbia River Gorge to see waterfalls. About 8 years ago, Ryan and I did some hiking there and it was one of our favorite trips ever. This time we had kids so we only saw one waterfall. Multnomah Falls is the second highest waterfall in the U.S.
We hiked a while up the mountain but we weren't on the path that lead to multiple waterfalls. Our path would have lead us to the top of Multnomah but we didn't get to the top.
This is a scary bear we saw in her cave!!!!
After the hike we went to some outlets and the girls rode this little merry-go-round at least 5 times.
The drive home wasn't as easy as the one going out because of how badly Kennedy was feeling and how hard it was for her to sleep.
| But check out the smile on her face! That's barbecue sauce on her face. This girl loves her sauce!!! |
We had a great time together as a family. Audrey was such an angel the entire time. I couldn't have asked for better from her. Everything she did was with so much enthusiasm, it made even the smallest things exciting!
7 comments:
I can't believe how big your girls are! They are beautiful just like their mom.
Glad your trip went well-ish. So sad for Kennedy :( Since we have a sick girl in our house right now, I feel for the babies who don't know why they are suffering. BUT at least BYU winning probably made the trip worth it!
Looks like fun! We'll have to check out those falls some day--it looks awesome. Your girls are so cute!
Your girls are beautiful! I haven't seen much of Oregon, but what I have seen, I LOVED and want to go back! Love road trips!
Love Kennedys barbecue sauce face!! Of course Audrey would be an angel that is her usual personality - she takes after her mom. So glad you had fun and I am looking forward to seeing you all on Thursday!
Seriously, could those girls be any cuter?!? I'm super proud to be their aunt. That picture of Kennedy is so sad. She's such an angel. Audrey is too!
So, I left a comment, but didn't write down my prediction for your next 10 years. I just have one. I predict that you and Ryan will come to AZ and watch some spring training. I know somewhere where they offer free rooms AND free babysitting. How can you resist? :)
Post a Comment