Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Miss you in a heartbeat.

Please forgive me of my cheesy title (and thank Def Leopard for putting it so eloquently) but for us it really hit home for a week.
Ryan went to San Francisco for a work trip on Tuesday March 3rd. Now, since we've been married Ryan and I have only been apart for two nights (not consecutive). So Audrey and I were both quite disoriented. By Friday night we were needing something really great to take our minds off things. I planned a "girls night in" for us.
















We got in our pajamas and watched Aladdin and had lots of pillows and blankets.





















Plus, what's movie night without ICE CREAM!
It was good bonding time for us. But we missed daddy a lot.

That Saturday morning I flew out to San Francisco to join Ryan. I stayed there with him Saturday, Sunday and half of Monday. Now, Audrey is two years old and she's never been overnight somewhere without mom or dad. We were really worried about how well she'd do. She spent Saturday night with Ryan's parents and Sunday night with my parents. They both said she was fine! She actually handled the whole weekend well. What a relief!
This is a picture of the city that Ryan took before I got there. He was on a bus tour with Deann from work. Meanwhile, it was snowing in Utah!

Saturday afternoon we spent a lot of time down on the pier just walking around. I don't love their constantly windy weather but it is a really beautiful city.
One touristy thing we had never done in all the times we'd been to this city was a tour of Alcatraz. We took a boat to the island and did a two hour audio tour, walked with our group around outside for a bit and watched a short film. I think we had the whole experience. It was much more interesting than I expected. The island itself has quite a history besides just the prison.

Overall, it's okay to take a break from each other once in a while but we just love being together so much more!

No comments: